The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 (IRA) provides EPA with $3 billion to fund zero-emission port equipment and technology and to help ports develop climate action plans to reduce air pollutants at U.S. ports. This new funding program will build on EPA’s Ports Initiative that the Agency established to ensure that our nation’s ports, a critical part of our infrastructure and supply chain, help address public health and environmental impacts on surrounding communities.
We want to hear from YOU on how to build the IRA Clean Ports funding program! We encourage all to attend, whether you work at a port, work with near-port communities, or simply are interested in helping ports transition to zero-emissions.
This interactive listening session will be 1-3 PM ET and is the same format as the Dec 6 session. Both sessions will be recorded and posted to our website. Spanish interpretation and live captioning will be available. For interpretation in a language other than Spanish, please request one week prior to the event.
Please come prepared to share your input, including:
1. What types of zero-emission port technologies or related planning support do you see as most critical for delivering emissions reductions?
2. What do you see as the biggest hurdles to transitioning to zero-emissions port equipment?
3. How do you see this program complementing other available funding programs (e.g., at EPA, other federal or state programs) that can support efforts to reduce emissions at ports?
4. How would you like to see funding for zero-emission port technology, related planning and permitting, and development of climate action plans work together? Should the funding opportunities be sequenced or combined?
5. How can we help ensure this program addresses concerns of near-port communities and advances environmental justice?
For more information, please visit our website: https://www.epa.gov/ports-initiative
If you have any questions or feedback, please email: email@example.com